Posts Tagged ‘Friday Cheers’
Hooray for Friday!
It's no joke that the first quarter of 2011 has sped by. I can't believe it's April already.
What did you, your team, and your organization accomplish this quarter? Why not take a moment out of your busy Friday to pause and reflect about the highlights of the year for you and your team so far this year. What has worked really well? What have you enjoyed? Who has contributed to your success? What can you do to show your appreciation for others?
As always, we dedicate this Friday post to celebrating the people who are contributing to the success of our book launch and our community.
For this Friday cheers edition, we have three reasons to celebrate:
- The publishers of From Bud to Boss, Jossey-Bass, have sold the Portuguese rights to the book. We are excited about the potential of the book, in translation, to help and encourage more leaders, in more places.
- Prism Money, a blog of Reuters, published this fantastic interview with Kevin: You're the boss now. Here's how to deal. Be sure to check it out if you missed it earlier this week.
- Great new buzz for our community, thanks to Jesse Lyn Stoner. Jesse interviewed Kevin to talk about the community, then spent some time exploring the community. We are so glad to have her support and encouragement. Check out her post on her brand-new and already influential blog. Follow her on Twitter, like her Facebook page, connect on LinkedIn, and look for more from Jesse in this space soon.
While we are celebrating and looking ahead to the next quarter of 2011, I want to let you know that we are grateful to all of you who have been helping us #buildthebuzz for the book, community, and workshop. We appreciate all your blog posts, tweets, RTs, and involvement here.
Have a great weekend!
As we seek to continue the buzz for From Bud to Boss, we are thankful for partners like Erin Schreyer, who has beenhttp://www.linkedin.com/in/eschreyer a great encourager and supporter throughout the process.
We are excited to join Erin in Cincinnati on Wednesday, April 6th for an Authentic Leadership Cincinnati event. Kevin will be speaking and signing books. If you're in the area, we would love to meet you there. You can register for the event and see details here.
To get to know Erin better, check out her blog, follow her on Twitter, connect on LinkedIn, and become her fan on Facebook. You an also read her work on the Lead Change Group blog and on Linked 2 Leadership.
Quick announcement: we recently posted audio recordings of two exclusive Bud to Boss Community teleseminars inside our book community. If you already have a book and have not yet registered for our book community, we encourage you to do so. You'll find the instructions on page 5 of your book. Once you've joined, you can listen to those recordings and partipate in discussions in our forum. If you don't have a book yet... what are you waiting for? Buy one or more... today!
I just got an email from Kevin. He is back at the Remarkable House after a whirl-wind trip to Jordan, where he presented leadership training. He posted a few pictures of his trip on his Facebook fan page, and I will be pestering him for more.
The whole team is excited to hear more about Kevin's adventure and the amazing people he met there.
For today's Friday cheers, I want to celebrate our friends far and near.
Tuesday afternoon, while I sat at my desk working, I started to see some tweets from folks in Jordan who had been attending Kevin's training. I love how Twitter makes the world suddenly smaller. In my office, I felt myself transported to Jordan.
Some of these tweets came from @LaraAbbasi, a leader in the retail pharmacy business in the Middle East. She shared tweets during Kevin's presentation.
So, our first cheers this Friday go out to Lara @LaraAbbasi, and others who tweeted from Kevin's Leadership Forum event in Jordan: @LeenHammad, @NidalBitar, and @abbassimajd. Follow them all. They are remarkable leaders who want to make a difference.
Next, we want to celebrate Susan Guarneri. She helped us #buildthebuzz during our launch by hosting a guest post on her blog. Now she is helping us continue the buzz. She arranged for Kevin to be a guest in William Arruda's Personal Branding Interview Series. Be sure to register for the call! You can get to know Susan at her blog or follow her on Twitter.
Finally, another new friend: Amy Diederich. Amy is new to social media, so I hope you will join me in giving her a warm welcome. Amy has been building the buzz by recommended From Bud to Boss to her clients who are going through leadership transitions. We appreciate Amy getting involved with sharing the message about our book and community. You can follow Amy on Twitter and check out her blog and website. Amy is business partners with Jane Perdue, who has also been an amazing help as we have been seeking to #buildthebuzz.
That's all for now. We appreciate our friends, fans, and followers, near and far, who are helping us continue the the buzz! Have a great weekend!
Today is the last day to take advantage of our launch gifts. We hope you will join us today to #buildthebuzz and encourage others to buy their copies of our book today.
Here's why. When your friends buy today, they will:
- be able to access great launch gifts including e-books, audio content, assessments, and more. All our gifts will help people grow as leaders.
- be entered into drawings including a drawing for a Kindle.
- be able to attend Monday's teleseminar with Kevin and Guy to learn how to make the most of their book. (I'll be there, will you?)
So, please, join us in sharing the message about our launch gifts today. Thanks in advance for all you are doing — and will do — to build the buzz.
This week, we celebrate three buzz builders, folks who are helping us spread the message of the book. As always, we will share lots of link love. We hope you will check out the work of these wonderful people.
- Gary Cohen is the author of Just Ask Leadership and the Partner and Co-Founder of CO2 Partners LLC. You can read his blog and follow him on Twitter. I picked Gary today because he graciously hosted Kevin today at his monthly Eat the Book event.
- Susan Mazza has been an encouragement to our entire team during this launch with her interaction on our Facebook page, retweets, and hosting of a guest post. We're hoping to meet up with her when we come to Florida later this year. Be sure to check out her blog, follow her on Twitter, and like her fan page on Facebook.
Before I celebrate the last buzz builder, I need to tell you about a new idea that I am really excited about related to the Bud to Boss Workshop.
Although there are many cities already booked for the Bud to Boss Workshop, I am interested in mobilizing our fans, friends, and followers to bring the workshop to their own communities.
I'm starting with my own community and partnering with today's 3rd buzz builder to generate interest and momentum for an event in Detroit, MI. Her enthusiasm is so exciting to me and I am thrilled that we can partner together to provide valuable training for people who want to become more effective leaders. If you are interested in finding out how to bring the workshop to your community (or organization), email me and we can talk about how to #makeithappen.
- Our third buzz builder today is Heather Coleman-Voss. As I mentioned, she is enthusiastic in her support of our idea to bring the Bud to Boss workshop to Detroit. She's been faithful in tweeting about the book and sharing on Facebook. She also has plans to review the book very soon. Heather is the co-founder of Lead Swag and works at the Ferndale Career Center. Check out all her social media links, including her Twitter account in the bio at her latest post on Lead Swag.
We're grateful for everyone who is helping us #buildthebuzz... especially you! Don't forget to share the message of our book today, the last day for people to get our launch gifts.
What a sweet week! We officially launched the book on Tuesday.
We want to let you know that we are extending our launch gifts and drawings through next week. We would love to have your continued support in sharing the message about the valuable gifts we are offering. This also means that we would love to have more blogger support with guest posts, reviews, or interviews. If you have not posted yet (or want to post again), next week is a great time because you will still be able to let your friends, fans, and followers know about our launch gifts.
Ok, so now I get to celebrate some awesome #buzzbuilders who promoted the launch with us this week. So many of you have been so wonderful that it is, as always, difficult to pick only three. I comfort myself with the knowledge that this feature will be continuing in the Bud to Boss Community so I will have plenty of time to make sure you each get your shout-out.
- John E. Smith has been extremely supportive of our launch, posting countless times on his blog, sharing information about us on Twitter and Facebook as well. We appreciate his involvement and we hope you'll check out his work at one of his three blogs: The Strategic Learner, Today's Dither, The Digital Disciple. You can also find John on Facebook.
- John Spence created a great video review of the book and posted it on his blog and in his newsletter. John is a long-time friend and supporter of the Kevin Eikenberry Group. We appreciate him using his influence to share about our book. Be sure to get to know John through his book, his blog, on Twitter, and on Facebook.
- Jennifer Miller, who writes The People Equation, featured a great interview with Guy Harris. We appreciate her continued support tweeting for us this week. We appreciate being connected to Jennifer through the Lead Change Group and we hope you will get to know her also. Find her work at the People Equation, on Facebook, Twitter, and in the Lead Change Group.
Have a great weekend! We'll be back with more launch news and information about the community next week. Thanks again for all you are doing to #buildthebuzz!